Passport Photo Requirements:
Neutral, solid white or pastel background
- High-resolution colour photograph, taken by a commercial photographer
- Proper illumination that does not create glare or hot spots, and minimizes shadows
- Facial features must be highly visible, with good contrast
Acceptable photographs (with application or captured at the site)
- Size: 45 mm x 35 mm (Face must occupy 70 – 80% of total area)
- Full frontal pose, centered on the face. Both eyes must be opened
- Both ears must be seen
- True colour representation of the applicant
- High-resolution image taken by a commercial photographer
- Portrait must have been taken within the past twelve (12) months
- Plain, solid white background (No visible objects and/or patterns). Solid pale grey, light blue, beige or light brown are acceptable.
- Wear bright-coloured or dark clothing (Top). No white or beige
- Applicant should have a neutral expression, with the mouth closed. Please ensure that no teeth are showed.
- Prescription glasses that do not obscure the eyes are acceptable
Religious and/or cultural head coverings that do not obscure the face (including eyes, nose, mouth and chin) are acceptable
1. Application forms must be carefully and legibly completed in black ink.
2. Application must be certified (See ‘2’ on the front page of application)
3. Application must be accompanied by the following:
- Expired passport
- Original Birth Certificate
- Original Marriage Certificate and/or Divorce Decree (Where applicable)
- Two (2) passport photographs (45mm x 35mm), one of which must be certified by the same person certifying or notarizing the application form (Section 9)
- Please do not use notary seal on picture.
4. A report of the loss or theft of a passport must be made to the Police Department and a report or sworn statement must be submitted with the application.
5. An affidavit must accompany all applications for damaged, lost or stolen passports.
6. Do not enter any information in the box captioned ‘Passport Number” on page 1 of the application form.
7. Please ensure that signature stays within the borders of the “Signature” box. DO NOT TOUCH THE LINES OF THE BOX WHEN SIGNING.
1. All applications for new passports will take a minimum of four (4) weeks for processing.
2. All applications for a lost, stolen or damaged passport will only be issued after all enquiries are exhausted, which may take a minimum of six (6) months.
All fees are in United States dollars and are non-refundable. Cash and money orders are the only acceptable forms of payment. NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
(i) Adult or child 16 years or over - $150.
(ii) Child under 16 - $80.
(b) Replacement of passport - $225.
(c) Emergency passport - $50.
(d) Passport Applications (under age 16) - $7.
(e) Passport Applications (16 years or over) - $10.
Return Shipping and Handling (to St. Vincent and the Grenadines) - $20.00
Express Mail or Federal Express for return of passport (to applicant living outside the state of New York) (Additional fees may apply) - $21.00